After my last blog post I got a question on Instagram from @mycatssaymeow, who asked me which makeup products I would pick if I had to narrow my collection down to 15 items. This was surprisingly easy to answer, but I suppose most of us have those staple products that we reach for day in and day out, right?
My 15 must-haves
- Biotherm Aquasource BB Cream. Very light coverage, very moisturizing, and works very well on my dry and sensitive skin.
- Milani Luminoso blush. A luminous peach-colored blush, my absolute favorite.
- MAC “Coquette” eyeshadow for my eyebrows.
- Guerlain Météorites pressed powder in “Clair”. This is my setting powder. It is very pearly, so it won’t work for everyone, but on me it gives a nice glow.
- Maybelline Age Rewind concealer. The sponge tip is kind of gross, but the concealer is nice enough for me to look past it.
- Makeup Mekka mascara. This is a Norwegian brand. Their mascara is super cheap and really nice, and it is water resistant so it never smudges on me. I have been using this for years now.
- Anastasia clear brow gel. Because I don’t like having my brows flopping around in the wind.
- MAC lipstick in either “Peach Blossom” or “Syrup”. I picked Peach Blossom for the photo, but I honestly couldn’t choose a favorite if I tried.
- MAC “Woodwinked” eyeshadow, for when I want some brown smokeyness.
- Milani “Bella Champagne” eyeshadow for when I want something more natural but shimmery. To be honest though, I would probably look for something similar from MAC or Makeup Geek, just so I could keep both my shadows in a duo palette. I might be overthinking this.
- Kat Von D tattoo liner, because it is my favorite liquid liner of all time and lets me create the sharpest of cat-eyes.
- H&M Bronzer. I bought this on sale ages ago and I honestly really like it. I only wear bronzers in the summer, but this could also double as a matte brown eyeshadow.
- Peach-colored kohl liner. I don’t have a favorite brand for liners anymore, but the one I currently have from Smashbox is a self-sharpening twist-up, which is kind of nice.
- Brown kohl liner. Again, I’m not fussy on the brand. My current one is Urban Decay.
- The Balm “Mary-Lou Manizer” highlighter. I wear highlighter pretty much every day, and this is my all-time favorite. If I had to start a collection again from scratch, this would be a no-brainer.
A note on the eyeshadows though: If I had to start my collection from scratch I would for sure choose a palette instead of two single shadows, and my pick would be the Wet’N’Wild “Comfort Zone” palette. It is dirt cheap and has amazing colors. I think I would then pick the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation for my 15th item, since I would suddenly have an open spot on my list.