Time for the first purchase roundup of 2013! As you can see I have crossed one of my “need items” off my list, but a few other things also popped up along the way…
1. Mini M.A.C bag, Rebecca Minkoff. I originally wanted the version with regular black leather, but I have to tell you, I am loving the patent. I spent a week looking for a black and silver version on every website imaginable, until finally the lovely people at Rebecca Minkoff replied to an e-mail I sent them and made the black and silver version available for me. I fell completely head over heels for the Mini M.A.C, and it elegantly ticked off my need for a small, versatile bag. I one-in-one-outed it by gifting my old and guilt-inducingly-unloved evening bag to Maria.
2. Studded Pave Leather Bracelet, Rebecca Minkoff. Funny story about the bracelet – when ordering the Mini M.A.C I had the choice of paying $100 (!!) in shipping to Norway or purchasing something for $105+ and get free shipping, as the Rebecca Minkoff website has free shipping on orders over $300. That is how the bracelet happened. Luckily I had been eyeing it from afar for a little while already, so it wasn’t a complete impulse buy, but under different circumstances I wouldn’t have allowed myself to buy it. I still absolutely love it though, so I don’t feel bad about this purchase at all. It more than slightly resembles the Hermès Collier de Chien, but without the hefty $1000-and-up price tag…
3. Forlife teapot. I have never in my life owned a tea pot, which is pretty crazy considering how much tea I drink. This one is small and very cleverly designed, and I have had it in the back of my mind since October or November. I have used it nearly every day since I bought it, and since we have culled three or four boxes worth of kitchen items lately the tea pot passes the “need”, the “one-in-one-out” AND the “made my heart flutter” test. Score!
4. Yarn, because I’m teaching myself how to knit socks! My grandma used to knit me a pair of socks several times a year, and ever since she passed away I’ve been meaning to learn how to knit my own. I am honoring her memory while getting warm fuzzies and warm feet.
5. Western Digital 1TB portable hard drive. The Boyfriend was given two for Christmas, and since he only needed one I took this one off his hands – with a girlfriend discount on the original price, of course. I had been thinking about buying one for a very long time as my old one no longer had enough storage space, so this was a perfect coincidence.
6. Tickets to see a stand-up comedian. I can’t tell you which one – that would be like saying “Hi Internet, my apartment will be empty that weekend” – but I am really looking forward to it! This was a complete impulse buy, but only because we didn’t know about it in advance. We had already talked about how we need to see this person live they ever visit Norway, so missing out just wasn’t an option. Also, it is a perfect excuse for a couple’s weekend away :)
And that was it! I don’t really have any purchases on my mind for February, except you know, maybe our summer holiday… Eep!