First of all I have to thank you all for the tremendous support in my previous blog post, you truly are a magnificent bunch. I am doing well: I have managed to not completely sustain myself on Ben & Jerry’s alone (however tempting it might be) and I have only missed a few days of work. There has been a lot of napping and very little doing of much else, but I am doing better and that is what matters. It feels a bit strange to follow up the depression post with a shopping post, but hey, a blogger has got to do what a blogger has got to do. Here’s my February purchase roundup!
1. A trip to New York. That’s right, I brought out the big guns – The Boyfriend and I are traveling to New York this summer! Since we didn’t go on a proper holiday last year we have had some time to save up, and a few weeks ago we bought our tickets and booked our hotel. A few of my favorite bloggers have visited NY over the last few months, so I have been quietly making mental notes for things to see and places to visit. I may or may not have already made a packing list. I haven’t been to the U.S. since I was 6 years old, and I really can’t wait to see New York.
2. New reading glasses. This one is another item off my “need” list, and it was long overdue. I had such a hard time picking out a pair, but in the end I got the exact pair of RayBans pictured above. I absolutely love them, and I got the frames at 73% off!
3. A new beanie, because I was in Oslo and managed to spill makeup all over the beanie that I had brought with me. 70% off at H&M.
4. Black sequin dress. Speaking of Oslo: Oslo means meeting up with Maria, and meeting up with Maria means checking out a thrift store or two. I picked this really heavy sequin dress off the racks and presented it to Maria in a “oh my god, can you believe the weight of this thing” kind of manner, only to realize that it looked really good and that I should probably try it on. Needless to say I fell in love with it then and there. The cut is a lot like this vintage 90s dress, it is in perfect condition, and it really is very heavy. And sparkly. Don’t forget sparkly.
5. Leopard jacket, Asos. My “Screw this, I’m depressed and I want a leopard jacket”-jacket. It is the very same as the one Miss Sophie blogged about recently, and I got it at 70% off. I had been eyeing it since her blog post, and I can’t wait for the weather to warm up a bit so that I can wear it.
And that was it! I am very happy with the things that I acquired this month – two were well-planned “need” items, one was a spontaneous need, and the last two were pretty great impulse buys. Also, the fact that we are traveling to NY is a pretty good extra incentive to save my pennies for summer…