Time for the last purchase roundup of 2012! I picked up a few necessities this month as well as one or two little things from the Christmas sales. All in all I think I did pretty good, but let’s be honest – Christmas happened and it would be silly to buy a bunch of things for myself on top of the presents. On the bright side I did some serious culling in December. I got rid of most of my accessories (hadn’t worn them in years), 70% of our bookshelf, a lot of kitchenware and even another bag of clothes. We’re also giving away all of our DVDs, seeing as we only ever watch Netflix and our one-shelf collection of movies on BluRay. Progress!
1. Black skirt, Lindex. Simple, black above-the-knee skirt. I wear black skirts all the time but lacked one in this length. Swishy, neutral, goes with everything.
2. Long black sheer shirt-dress, Lindex. Weak sale moment, but I will definitely wear it. I have a weakness for black and swooshy, after all.
3. Thermal underwear. Because I only had one set and it is winter and I am cold. Not even a “good” purchase, this was a “must buy or suffer frost damage” purchase.
4. Dior quick dry top coat and IsaDora Second Nail basecoat. Because I ran out!
5. Metal buckle bracelet. Another one from the sales, but I really like it. I love bracelets, but I can’t wear anything that jingles. The sound would drive my colleges crazy!
6. Makeup bag, Makeup Store. My old one no longer looked presentable and had to go to the great big makeup bag resting place in the sky. The one I bought is actually a version in black and gray leopard, but I couldn’t find a photo of that one. It is nice and roomy and oh-so trashy-glamorous.
7. iPad Mini sleeve (not pictured, link here!). I would hate to get the Mini scratched up when I carry it around with me, so I bought a custom sleeve for it from Farragobags on Etsy. The seller was very fast and super friendly, and the sleeve is absolutely gorgeous. I would definitly recommend buying from him to anyone.
And that was it! Here’s to even better shopping habits in 2013 :)